Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Try not to mess anything up too much.

So, here it is.... my life in text. I wonder if that will make it look better or worse than it actually is. It will be interesting to find out. I used to love blogging on my Myspace, but since Myspace is from a period of time BFB (Before Facebook), I have decided to upgrade.  Not to mention that my Myspace blog was filled with my “Adventures in Divorce” and amusing in its own respect.
Currently I am balancing a toddler, an infant, and a husband that feels left out somehow. I would like to take a moment to file a complaint on life, because no one tells you, when you’re growing up, that you will be expected to master so many tasks in life and expected to juggle them all at the same time. It just doesn’t seem reasonable that there wasn’t a warning somewhere along the line. I mean, is it so irrational to expect a heads up? “What do you want to be when you grow up?.... Really? Okay, don’t forget that your husband is going to want a clean house, and you’re going to have to read 5 story books in a row, because your child wants ‘Just one more’, and that child is also going to need to be bathed regularly, even if you only get a shower or two a week. Oh, and multiple people are going to feel left out if you don’t make time to call or visit them on a regular basis.” See… it’s not that hard. However, I have learned that communication, tact in particular, is not everyone’s forte.
So… toddler, infant, husband… let’s make things a little more interesting and add a couple dogs, a 2 ½ hour round-trip work commute, and a huge extended family. There is not enough time in the day, even with three adults living in our house.
Crafting is something that I completely love doing, but have no time for. I finally gave up scrapbooking, because photobooks are cheaper and easier. However, crocheted items and personalized quilts cannot be made and ordered online; thank God that most of my Christmas shopping CAN however be done online! Is it so horrible that I have a vision of quilts and clothes and purses in my head, a huge stack of fabric in my room, and still haven’t sewn a stitch! It’s really okay, because I know I’ll love it and be great at it! ;o)

 I’ve discovered that men cannot get along with both their wife and their mother at the same time. Why is that? And why is it the wife that is determined to be the problem? Because we wives know that we are, in fact, not the problem. Which I believe is precisely why we are blamed… it’s easiest to place blame on the newest woman in said husband’s life. Women “sharing” a man cannot peacefully coexist, even when they are hundreds, if not thousands of miles apart. It’s just not possible, and I’m sure it never will be.
This is my into blog, my first entry of many more to come. I plan on sharing my triumphs, struggles, discoveries, confusion, and all the life in between. My favorite things to share are stories of my kids, especially my daughter, who does say the darnedest things! Like last night she thought a picture of her father (in his younger days) was of Kenny Chesney. Or of the times she holds my face in her hands and says to me, “I very love you Mommy.”

If you are along for the ride, put on your seatbelt, because you never know where this life is going to go. And I will... well... try not to let a dog eat the kids....

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Welcome to the blogging world :D One day in and I have already found it to be very freeing in a self-therapy sort of way. And don't worry about the mommy issues. I have decided that my husband doesn't have mommy-issues (much), he simply has a mommy with too many issues of her own!! Can't wait to read more about the comings and goings of life

    ReplyDelete