We have a really bad habit of using our kitchen island for everything! And how can we not? It’s basically a giant table in the middle of the downstairs that just begs to be used! Many a bills have been lost in the Island of Clutter. Not anymore!
I’ve had a magnetic whiteboard calendar for years now… it’s a great thing really, I don’t have to buy a new calendar every year, and if I don’t like my handwriting I can erase and try again. Love it. However, our fridge is NOT magnetic on the front… so, the calendar has been banished to the side of the fridge where visibility is limited.
This looks like the perfect opportunity for some Clutter Detox!!
Welcome to Grand Central Station!
I used, what was a complete waste of space between the pantry and bathroom doors, to house this organizational masterpiece. In one spot we have a calendar, place to pin invites/notes/etc. and a basket for mail. It’s wonderful! This $13 project is going to help us stay organized, which is always nice! Here’s the break-down:
Calendar | FREE | Already had it! |
Corkboard w/frame | $5 | On sale! |
Thumbtacks | $3 | For 100 |
Mail Basket | FREE | Already had it! |
3M Strips to hang it | $5 | |
TOTAL: | $13 |
For that little price tag, why didn’t I do this sooner?! I couldn’t be more excited at how easy this project was and how much it’s going to improve our chances of becoming clutter-free!

No comments:
Post a Comment